Everything you need to know about refurbished mobile phones and the difference between refurbished and used.
What is a refurbished phone?
So you keep hearing about refurbished, and how it can save you money on your “new” phone, but what does it mean to be refurbished, and should you buy a refurbished phone?
Let’s say you’re phone contract is up and the phone you have is an iPhone 6s, you’ve looked after your phone, it has a screen protector and a case, in fact for an 18-month-old mobile it seems almost new! You find out that you can trade-in your phone, and a company offer you £156.00 to trade in your iPhone 6s 64gb, happy days – that phone which is in perfect working order, and looks good as new now goes back into circulation and on sale.
Currently, your shiny “pristine” iPhone 6s is a USED phone, and if the person who now owns your phone sells it to someone else, it is called “second hand”, “used” or “pre-owned” and it’s as simple as that.
The Big Phone Store receives mobile phones like your iPhone 6s and then rather than just sell the phone used, we run tests and re-grade the phone, fixing and modifying where our engineers pick up issues, the phone would then be put back into circulation.
Refurbished Phone Tests
Other examples of refurbished phones include;
- Shipping damage, minor scratches, blemishes and dents during the original shipment to a retailer are returned to be refurbished.
- Demonstration phones and accessories used in stores, trade shows and product launches often get repackaged as refurbished.
- Store returns where a buyer merely “opened the box” and returned for refunds sell as “Like New.”
- Manufacturer production line defects – where engineers can fix that issue, the phone is then re-sold as refurbished. In reality, the phone is brand new, and the customer receives a massive saving.
The benefits of refurbished phones with The Big Phone Store are:
- Refurbished phones are cheaper vs new mobile phones.
- Refurbished means that the phone has been tested repaired and should be in perfect working order.
- The refurbished warranty on The Big Phone Store is between twelve months and six months.
- All refurbished phones are inspected and serviced by certified technicians.
- Older models are still available.
Should I buy a refurbished mobile phone? The answer is YES, Absolutely!
Take your £156 and put it towards a new refurbished iPhone 7 and save on average £150-£300